.1. Describe the steps involved in the process of protein synthesis.
2. How is biocultural anthropology different from cultural anthropology?
3. Who were Darwin’s influences when he penned “On the Origin of Species…..” and how did their work contribute to his understanding of the way in which evolution works?
4. How is malaria caused and how has it impacted human evolution?
5. What is the epiphysis of a bone and how does this factor into normal bone growth? What happens in cases of achondroplasia?
6. If I am blood type B, what are all the possible genotypes that could be expressed by my parents?
7. Why are human racial groups no longer a valid biological concept? How do today’s anthropologists account for diversity in skin color among human populations?
8. What are mitochondria? How do they function? Why are they important to physical anthropologists studying genetics?
9. What is the difference between a eukaryote and a prokaryote?
10. Describe the relationship between measures of nasal shape (e.g., nasal index) and climate.
11. Give an example of acclimation and acclimatization. How do these two processes differ?
12. Define pleiotropy, polygenic trait, and multi-gene trait. What is a continuous trait?
The post .1. Describe the steps involved in the process of protein synthesis. 2. How is biocultural anthropology different from cultural anthropology? appeared first on nursingtermpaper.org.