The aim of this module is to develop the students’ understanding of the complexities of professional nursing practice and facilitate
transition to becoming a confident registered nurse.
By the end of this module students should be able to:
1. Analyse and apply the concepts of competence and accountability to own and others practice, considering the legal, ethical and
2. Evaluate the processes involved in the transition to registered practitioner, development of future professional practice and
3. Contribute to the development of competency of others through effective use of professional and personal development skills and
positive role modelling.
You could start by considering the nature of accountability.
1. Consider the evidence that you submitted in your year 1, year 2 and year 3 OAR for domain 1 (Professional and Ethical Practice).
Think about how this changed in the light of your changing responsibility and accountability.
2. Compare the evidence, does it demonstrate growth and development?
3. Look at this in relation to the performance levels required of you in each year and in particular at the end of this year. What
significant changes will occur with registration?
This section should be 1700 words
4. Present a learning needs analysis and an action plan designed to meet your needs. Please use the template provided. This should be
800 words (equivalent) and be an in depth exploration of 1 or 2 learning needs. Please make sure you are using SMART goals and that
your actions are measurable, you may also wish to consider how your learning will benefit patient care.
Indicative Module Content
This module will build on the learning and understanding developed through the modules Leadership for Professional Practice and
Delivering Safe Effective Care 1 and 2. There will be a focus on the development of self awareness and the impact and influence of
behaviour on others using a personal development planning approach. The concepts of emotional intelligence, shared beliefs, values and
governance will be discussed, in relation to the development of the student as a nurse with leadership responsibilities. The
importance of recognising behaviours in others that may influence the quality of patient care will be explored along with the
consideration of strategies that can be employed to reduce the impact on patient care. Frameworks to support the development and
assessment of competency of others will be explored. The module will provide students with opportunities to develop their own
strategies to ensure the safety of patients through careful consideration of professional accountability taking account of legal,
ethical, moral and societal perspectives. Students will be invited to debate the issues of confidence versus competence of the newly
1. A critical reflection on development during the Programme in relation to changing accountability, to include legal, ethical and
professional issues and how this development will be maintained through transition into a registered nurse.
. WITH NURSING TERM PAPER TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Analyse and apply the concepts of competence and accountability to own and others practice, considering the legal, ethical and professional issues. appeared first on nursing term paper.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.