Choose a country, other than the United States, that you are interested in and write an essay on that country’s place in the world economy. The paper must include (but doesn’t have to be limited to) answers to the following questions:
1. What are the country major exports and imports?
2. Does the country have any factors of production in relative abundance (like cheap labor or natural resources) and what are its areas of comparative advantage?
3. Which major trade theory(ies) best explains the trade pattern of this country?
4. What is its policy regarding tariffs and other trade restrictions?
5. Is it a member of any international trade/financial organizations?
6. What is its currency regime and its relationship with the international financial institutions?
A more detailed discussion of the issues you need to address in your paper will take place in class.
Your final paper must be typed and be a minimum of 8 double-spaced pages and the maximum of 12 double-spaced pages, not including the cover page, appendices, and bibliography. The font size must be 12, the page margins not greater than one inch, and the pages must be numbered (do not number the cover page). If you decide to include any charts, diagrams, or tables, they must be placed at the end of your paper in an appendix (before the bibliography) and appropriately referenced within the paper. You are expected to use at least 8 references for your paper.
Some useful sources of data and country specific information:
1. CIA World Factbook
2. The World Bank (Two links: Data and Research and Countries and Regions)
3. World Development Indicators (new version)
Format of Paper
The paper must have the following format:
1. Cover Page: Title, Name, Date, etc.
2. Body of Paper: Make sure you have an introduction and a conclusion to the paper.
3. Appendices: If you have any charts, tables, etc., place them here.
4. Bibliography: A Listing of all the sources you have used in writing your paper.
The post country’s place in the world economy appeared first on My Perfect Tutors.