- Define what you understand by the following terms:
- Young-old, old-old and oldest old
- Age, cohort and period
- Life span
- Life expectancy
- Morbidity and mortality
- Acute illness and chronic disease
- Functional health
2. We know from our readings that all individuals do not age the same way. Describe what you understand by successful aging and optimal aging. Give examples.
3. Chapter 3 from the Aldwin and Gilmer text, Health, Illness, and Optimal Aging lists some of the theories of aging under 2 broad categories: 1. Biological theories of aging, and 2, Psychosocial theories of aging. In your own words describe a theory from each group.
4.Give 2 interesting facts each about the Demography of Aging in the United States under the following topics:
- Number of older Americans
- Life expectancy Trends
- Racial and ethnic composition
- Family structure and living arrangements
- Educational attainment
- Wealth and poverty
- Support ratios
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
Describe what you understand by successful aging and optimal aging. Give examples. was first posted on July 12, 2019 at 8:29 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"