What are some common features of addiction? With an understanding of these common features, what can caseworkers, probation officers, addiction counselors, mental health workers and /or clinicians do to help their clients avoid relapse after a sustained period of sobriety?
Discuss one of the commonly abused drugs discussed in your text readings for this week. What new information did you learn that particularly stood out to you on this specific drug? In your response, take a stand on the pros and cons of:
§ Current drug intervention programs
§ Legalization of drugs
Name Three things you have learned about physiological psychology that you never knew before and/or that made an impact on you. Also, name two things you learned from someone else in this course. Thirdly, after taking this class, why do you think it is important for students to know something about physiological psychology? Finally, what is one question you have that remains unanswered?
Part 4- 2 POWER POINT SLIDES WITH SPEAKER NOTES AND REFERENCES ON HEROIN
- Discuss the regions of the brain affected by this drug. How does this drug alter brain chemistry?
- How do high versus low doses of this drug compare in altering behavior, mood, and cognition?
Psychopharmacology and Drug Abuse
- Geppert, C., & Bogenschutz, M. P. (2009, March). Pharmacological research on addictions: A framework for ethical and policy considerations. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 41(1), 49-60.
- Howland, R. H. (2010, September). Potential adverse effects of discontinuing psychotropic drugs: Part 4: Benzodiazepine, glutamate, opioid, and stimulant drugs. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing & Mental Health Services, 48(9), 11-14.
- Wand, G. (2008). The influence of stress on the transition from drug use to addiction. Alcohol Research & Health, 31(2), 119-136.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Discuss the regions of the brain affected by this drug. How does this drug alter brain chemistry? was first posted on September 18, 2019 at 7:11 am.
©2019 "Coursework Research". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"