gilbert g chesterton claimed that art like morality consists in drawing the line somewhere using a perfect day for bananafish barn burning and goodbye columbus show how and if the author s characters draw the line 1July 1, 2020
Week 7 Assignment: Teaching Plan Mini-PresentationJuly 1, 2020
Answer any four questions for your book.
Questions for In the Time of Butterflies
- Although she does not reveal the details, Alvarez lets us know from the start that the novel will end tragically. Why do you think she made this choice?
- How do the sisters differ in personality, goals and self-expression? How does Alvarez dramatize these differences?
- How does the Trujillo regime portray itself? What means does it use to build a positive public image?
- How does this police state control its citizens early in the novel?
- What kinds of violence are directed against women both politically and socially? How do these forms of violence connect to the experiences of the men?
- What events radicalize each sister? What personal commitments and feelings complicate the commitment to political activism for them?
- What is your biggest takeaway from the novel so far? Why did you connect with it?
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
discussion book group l was first posted on July 1, 2020 at 5:56 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"