access to information and communications technology ict 1June 20, 2021
view of a manJune 20, 2021
Yesterday, Luiz had his blood lipids checked at a local campus health center and was dismayed to discover that his total cholesterol and LDL-C were high relative to the reference range and his HDL-C was low. On this morning’s news broadcast he viewed the health segment which discussed the Dr. Dean Ornish Diet. The diet was designed specifically for individuals with risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). Luiz learned that the diet recommends some of the following food choices.
- Abundant consumption of legumes, fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Moderate consumption of non-fat dairy products and non-fat or very low-fat processed foods (such as non-fat yogurt bars, very low-fat frozen dinners, etc.)
- Avoidance of all of the following: meats, oils, oil-containing products such as margarine and salad dressings, avocados, nuts, seeds, alcohol, sugars (including honey, molasses, and high-fructose corn syrup)
- The program also advises 30 minutes a day of moderate physical or three 1-hour sessions per week.
The individual interviewed on the news show health segment stated that the Dr. Dean Ornish Diet plan had been proven in clinical studies to reduce the risk factors for heart disease.
- Compare the Dr. Dean Ornish Diet to MyPyramid. What are the main similarities? What are the main differences?
- Based on the recommendations for the Dean Ornish Diet, how much total fat do you think this diet would provide? Comment on the amount of essential fatty acids that the diet would provide?
- Do you think it is advisable for someone with a high CVD risk blood lipid profile, like Luis, to follow? Why or why not?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post discussion question 903 appeared first on Custom Nursing Help.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"