The identification of a need is the cornerstone of a project. The purpose of this assignment is to conduct an organizational needs assessment. The formulation of a comprehensive organizational needs assessment supports the professional formation of the DNP-prepared nurse. To complete the assessment of the organizational need, you will need to interview a key decision-maker at the practicum site. For students not implementing their DNP Project at a practicum site, complete the assignment as if you had interviewed a key decision-maker at a practicum site.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
Submit your assignment by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday at the end of Week 3. The late assignment policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 125
Length: 3-4 pages, excluding cover page and references
To create flexibility, we are providing you options on this assignment. Concept maps are an effective way to express complex ideas, especially for visual learners. For this assignment, each of the sections can be presented either as a narrative or as a concept map.
Please note that you are not required to complete any or all sections as a concept map. If you choose to use a concept map for a section, it should be created in Microsoft Word and placed in that section of your paper. The concept map must meet all the requirements of the assignment rubric for that section. The rubric and page length requirements of the paper are unchanged.
If you need additional information about concept maps and how to create a concept map in Microsoft Word, please access the following resources.
Review the Graduate Re-Purpose Policy in the Student Handbook, page 15:
Repurposed Work (Chamberlain University Graduate Programs only): Graduate students have the opportunity to use previously submitted ideas as a foundation for future courses. No more than 50 percent of an assignment, excluding references, may be repurposed from another Chamberlain University course (excluding practicum courses). Previous course assignments that are deemed building blocks will be notated in the syllabus by the course leader. As with every assignment, students must uphold academic integrity; therefore, students must follow the guidelines for remaining academically honest according to the Academic Integrity policy. If the instructor is not made aware of the repurposing of an assignment, the submission will be treated as plagiarized work if not properly referenced
Follow these guidelines when completing each component of this assignment. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
All Chamberlain University policies related to plagiarism must be observed.
Week 3 Assignment Grading Rubric: Organizational Needs Assessment (125 pts)Week 3 Assignment Grading Rubric: Organizational Needs Assessment (125 pts)CriteriaRatingsPtsThis criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIntroductionRequirements:
1. Start your introduction with a powerful statement or two to stimulate interest.
2. Introduce the practice problem or need.
3. Provide a preview of what the paper will include.10 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides an excellent introduction.9 ptsIncludes all requirements with a very good introduction.8 ptsIncludes all requirements with a basic introduction.0 ptsPoor introduction and/or includes 2 or fewer requirements10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeIdentification of the Problem or NeedRequirements:
1. Present the practice problem or need.
2. Discuss how the practice problem or need was determined.
3. Present the evidence in the literature.
4. Present the source of the data (i.e. internal data) at the practicum site.30 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides an excellent identification of the problem or need.27 ptsIncludes all requirements with a very good identification of the problem or need.24 ptsIncludes all requirements with a basic identification of the problem or need.0 ptsPoor identification of the problem or need and/or includes 3 or fewer requirements30 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStakeholdersRequirements:
1. Identify key stakeholders including those who will support the change.
2. Identify key stakeholders who may resist the change.
3. Identify who will have the most influence on positive or negative changes related to your DNP project.10 ptsIncludes all requirements and an provides an excellent discussion of stakeholders.9 ptsIncludes all requirements and a very good discussion of stakeholders.8 ptsIncludes all requirements with a basic discussion of stakeholders.0 ptsIncludes 2 or fewer requirements and/or with a poor discussion of stakeholders10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePriority for the DNP Project IdeaRequirements:
1. Describe the criteria determined to be of high priority.
2. Describe the criteria determined to be of low priority.
3. Present a summary of your assessment.15 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides an excellent description of priority.13 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides a very good description of priority.12 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides a basic description of priority.0 ptsPoor description of priority and/or includes 2 or fewer requirements15 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeGap AnalysisRequirements:
1. Present what is currently happening in the practicum site.
2. Present what should be happening based on current evidence.
3. Present the practice gap.
4. Present why there a gap in practice.
5. Present factors that are contributing to the gap in practice.
6. Present the evidence you have to demonstrate there is a practice gap.20 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides an excellent gap analysis.18 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides a very good gap analysis.16 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides a basic gap analysis.0 ptsPoor description of gap analysis and/or includes 4 or fewer requirements20 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeConclusionRequirements:
1. Provide a well-rounded and comprehensive conclusion.
2. Summarize the assessment.
3. Provide support for the need to conduct the project.10 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides an excellent conclusion.9 ptsIncludes all requirements and provides a very good conclusion.8 ptsIncludes all requirement and provides a basic conclusion.0 ptsIncludes 2 or fewer requirements and/or provides a poor conclusion.10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAPA Style and StandardsRequirements:
1. Uses appropriate Level I headers.
2. Reference and citations are in current APA style.
3. Paper length is 3-4 pages excluding title and reference pages.10 ptsIncludes all requirements and presents excellent APA style.9 ptsIncludes all requirements and/or very good APA style.8 ptsIncludes no fewer than 2 requirements of APA style.0 ptsIncludes 1 or fewer requirements of APA style.10 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeClarity of WritingRequirements:
1. Uses standard English grammar and sentence structure.
2. No spelling or typographical errors.
3. Organized presentation of ideas.20 ptsIncludes all requirements and demonstrates excellent clarity of writing.18 ptsIncludes all requirements and demonstrates very good clarity of writing.16 ptsIncludes no fewer than 2 requirements and/or demonstrates good clarity of writing.0 ptsIncludes 1 or fewer requirements and/or demonstrates poor clarity of writing.20 pts
Total Points: 125PreviousNext