You will evaluate efforts to solve the problem you are working on. Consider efforts to solve or make progress on the problem by government, civic associations, industry, private individuals or some combination thereof. The paper may be in one of two categories: success stories, where the effort was more or less successful but still needs work, and failure stories, where the effort did not work, or at least did not meet expectations.
1. Briefly describe social problem you are addressing with specific examples to illustrate why it is a problem.
2. Evaluate laws, legal entities, and legal policies which are necessary to consider in addressing the problem.
3. Identify significant efforts that have been undertaken to solve the problem? Be sure to identify who, what, when, and where.
4. In some detail, describe one particular solution effort, its goals and mechanisms. Be sure to use political science concepts.
5. Identify structural or legal barriers that the solution had to overcome in order to further progress or that it could not overcome which limited progress. Be as specific as you can.
6. Using the lesson(s) learned from your example of success or failure, make a logical next-step policy recommendation on how to proceed to make further progress on improving the conditions of the social problem you have chosen.
Be sure to format your paper and cite references according to MLA or APA formatting. Your paper should be approximately 3-5 pages in length, 12-font, in a standard academic format such as Times New Roman or Arial.
Topic I pick Ocean Pollution