LP3 Assignment: Instructional Guide
This assignment will assess the following competency:
3. Develop instructional writing skills.
Directions: For this assignment, you will submit an instructional guide and a cover memo introducing the instructions to your readers. The cover memo should be the first page, followed by the instructions.
Write a set of instructions for one task that you are familiar with for an audience who is not familiar with your topic. The instructions must be 1-2 pages. Topics may include but are not limited to:
• How to bake your favorite dish
• How to iron a shirt
• How to send a text message
• How to change a tire
• How to register for classes
Key concepts to include:
• Instructions should be clear and concise.
• Instructions should be organized in a “user-friendly” manner.
• Instructions should include definitions or clarifications for advanced terminology.
• Instructions should include warnings/cautions.
• Instructions should include pictures/diagrams to help clarify instructions (use if needed; not required).
Along with the instructions, submit a cover memo discussing the following questions:
• What is the purpose of your instructions?
• Who is your intended audience?
• How did you organize the instructions (step by step, bullet list, narrative format, etc.) and why did you choose that format?
• What were the warnings/cautions you needed to include?
The cover memo must be 250-500 words.
The post LP3 Assignment: Instructional Guide This assignment will assess the following competency: 3…. 1 answer below » first appeared on College Nursing Papers.