Book Needed: Modern Systems Analysis and Design by Jeffrey A. Hoffer (Seventh Edition)
Quiz 1 (Chapters 1-3) Provide short answers unless paragraph requested. Due July 8.
1. What does systems analysis and design add to software systems project? (Why are systems analysis and design important?)
2. What is the value of an “engineering” approach to systems?
3. How could prototyping be part of traditional SDLC (see Figures 1-9 and 1-10)?
4. From the Agile Manifesto (Table 1-2) list one “better way” compared with old way, and a proposed principle that you support.
5. How do you use an RFP to gather requirements for hardware and software?
6. List 3 criteria to use when selecting off-the-shelf software.
7. Why might an ERP design strategy be needed?
8. Which of the 4 phases of project management is most challenging in your opinion? Why?
9. Can a project have two critical paths? Give an example.
10. Calculate the “expected time” to complete a task or activity if the optimistic time is 5 days, the most likely time is 9 days, and the pessimistic time is 13 days. That is, using PERT formula (p. 69) how many days do you expect it to take?
Extra Credit (10 points)
Looking at the Petrie Electronics case study (at the end of each chapter), describe a team communication method that Jim (project manager) might use.