Week 3 Assignment – Developing a Theory of Terrorism
3. Reich, W. (1998) Origins of terrorism: Psychologies, ideologies, theologies, states of mind. Washington DC: Woodrow Wilson Center Press
4. Jaber, H. (1999) Hezbollah: Born with a vengeance. New York, NY: Columbia University Press.
5. Toolis, K. (1997) Rebel hearts: Journeys within the IRA’s soul. St. Martin’s Press.
6. Randal, J. (2011) Osama: The making of a terrorist. New York, NY, Knoph.
· Craft a five (5) to six (6) page paper.
· Using any combination of theoretical, social, cultural, or other propositions from the course materials, create your model/theory in such a way that it best represents your understanding of the motivations of terrorism.
o Ground the theory developed in psychological, social, political, religious, or other foundational basis.
o Identify the ways in which terrorist behavior is influenced by internal, environmental, and socio-cultural factors.
§ In your model/theory, some areas you may want to discuss are the psychological motivations, perceptions of reward, social factors, influence of the group, religious motivations, political motivations, inspiring others, and other similar areas.
· Provide details and examples of existing models/theories and terrorism events within your work.
o Details and examples should substantiate your model/theory, providing support for the propositions made.
· Close with a brief discussion of the effectiveness of terrorism in meeting the goals of the organization or the individual actor.
· Include references to the available course materials, .
· Papers should be formatted according to 6th edition APA style.
o Include a separate
o for all sources cited in-text.
The post PSYC Week 3 Assignment Developing A Theory Of Terrorism appeared first on Quality Nursing Writers.