Question: Think of an athlete or sport. Select a vegetarian diet and design a menu to accommodate the nutrition needs of an athlete. Provide a 1 day menu, including 3 meals and 2-3 snacks.
Task: Response to the two statements separately with a minimum of 100 words each(separately). Respond to each statement with whether you agree/disagree and include one quote and reference citation from an attached reading and reference provided with each statement and also based on the question stated above.
Lacto-vegetarian 1 day meal plan for a volleyball player
· 1 cup Oatmeal with unsweetened granola and almonds (can add one tbsp. almond butter for sweetness)
· 2 boiled eggs with a slice of whole wheat bread
· 4 oz. vanilla Greek yogurt
· 6 fl. oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
· Mid-Morning Snack
· 1 cup of sliced apples
· 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter
· 1 medium bowl of mixed salad with spinach, walnuts, broccoli, carrots, dried raspberries, topped with a Tbsp. of blue cheese
· 2 Tablespoons of raspberry vinaigrette dressing
· 1 banana
· 8 fl. oz. of chocolate soymilk
· Afternoon Snack
· 1 cup sliced Mango
· 1 cup of strawberries
· 1 cup stewed spicy tofu with kidney beans
· 1/2 cup of steamed kale
· 1 baked sweet potato
· 8 fl. oz. seltzer water (wedge of lemon for taste)
Late day Snack
· 2 oz. of roasted almonds (unsalted)
· 1 cup of baby carrots
· 1 oz. Light ranch for dipping carrots (optional)
(My wife and I are convinced that almonds and carrots eaten together taste like coconut.) Someone try this and let me know if you share the strange same taste!
Clifford, J, and A Kozil. “Vegetarian Diets – 9.324.” Colorado State University | Extension, Colorado State University, Sept. 2017, extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/nutrition-food-safety-health/vegetarian-diets-9-324/.
· ½ cup of oatmeal in skim milk
· ½ cup of water
· ½ med apple
· 2 Cheddar cheese toast
· 2 cups of mixed greens
· 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
· ½ cup of blue blueberries
· 1 whole wheat pita round
· 1 small tomato
· 1 oz mozzarella cheese
· 1 cup of cubed melon
· ½ bagel multi grain /cheese or butter
Hacket, J. (2018). What exactly is a Vegetarian? What does Lacto-Ovo mean? [online] Vrg.org. Available at: https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-exactly-is-a-vegetarian-3376825 Accessed 27 Feb. 2018].
the Gatorade Sports Science Institute (http://www.gssiweb.org/en)
Vegetarian Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group Website (http://vegetariannutrition.net)
Vegetarian Resource Group (http://www.vrg.org/journal/vj2010issue1/2010_issue1_vegan_teen_athlete.php)
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
The post Question: Think of an athlete or sport. Select a vegetarian diet and design a menu to accommodate the nutrition needs of an athlete. Provide a 1 day menu, including 3 meals and 2-3 snacks.· vegan· l first appeared on Submit Your Homeworks.