In this discussion, you will explore adolescent identity development in your own life or in popular culture. The purpose of this discussion is to encourage you and your classmates to reflect on this topic and foster a conversation that elucidates the concepts in this module.
Post your response to either option A or B
A) Review Marcia’s four-part model of adolescent identity status. Use this model as a framework to reflect on your own identity development during adolescence. Provide specific examples from your own life for each of the four stages and how the example fits the model. Include responses to these questions:
• Which aspects of your identity that developed during your adolescence do you still carry as part of your identity as an adult and why?
• Which aspects of your identity developed during these years have you changed and why?
B) Watch Insight Into the Teenage Brainand The Mysterious Workings of the Adolescent Brainin their entirety. Answer the following questions in your post:
• What aspects of the documentary surprised you?
• How can advances in neuroscience help us understand adolescent identity development?
• What did you learn about your own adolescent identity development by watching these talks?
• How can advances in neuroscience help teachers working with adolescents and parents who have adolescent children become better teachers and/or better parents?
• A minimum of 500 words (not including reference
• References and cites one peer-reviewed journal using correct APA
• Reference and cite one scholarly source using correct APA
The post Question:In this discussion, you will explore adolescent identity development in your own life or in popular culture. The purpose of this discussion is to encourage you and your classmates to reflect appeared first on Psychology Homework.