Slowhand Services was formed on May 1, 2010. The following transactions took place during the first month.
Transactions on May 1:
1. Eric Clapton invested $50,000 cash in the company, as its sole owner.
2. Hired two employees to work in the warehouse.They will each be paid a salary of $2,800 per month.
3. Signed a 2-year rental agreement on a warehouse; paid $24,000 cash in advance for the first year.
4. Purchased furniture and equipment costing $30,000. A cash payment of $10,000 was made immediately; the remainder will be paid in 6 months.
5. Paid $1,800 cash for a one-year insurance policy on the furniture and equipment.
Transactions during the remainder of the month:
6. Purchased basic office supplies for $500 cash.
7. Purchased more office supplies for $1,500 on account.
8. Total revenues earned were $20,000—$8,000 cash and $12,000 on account.
9. Paid $400 to suppliers for accounts payable due.
10. Received $3,000 from customers in payment of accounts receivable.
11. Received utility bills in the amount of $200, to be paid next month.
12. Paid the monthly salaries of the two employees, totalling $5,600.
(a) Prepare journal entries to record each of the events listed. (Omit explanations.)
(b) Post the journal entries to T accounts.
(c) Prepare a trial balance as of May 31, 2010.