psyc 1101 lesson 8 reflection exerciseOctober 13, 2020
based on this information formulate a conclusion based on your evaluation and complete the critical thinking essay assignment as instructed belowOctober 13, 2020
You should have:
- Name, Structure, Physical properties, and Hazards of ALL chemicals
- Physical properties: MW, mp/bp, density, color, solubility in water
- Hazards: NFPA codes, LD50, precautions beyond goggles and lab coat (if applicable)
- Procedure (left side of page, past tense)
- Drawings of an unusual, complicated, or new apparatus
- Observations (right side) of
- starting materials, crude products, purified products
- colors, state changes, etc… during reaction
- masses (starting materials, crude products, purified products etc…)
- characterization observations (mp/bp)
- Also any alterations to the procedure
- Drawings of TLC plates (to scale, indicate spot colors, indicate visualization method)
- Results and calculation section
- Summary of characterization data:
- Experimental mp/bp values
- Also list literature values of starting materials, desired products, and any likely side products for comparison
- Major peak values and characteristic (broad/sharp strong/weak) from IR with functional group assignments
- Peak shifts, splitting and integration values from 1H NMR
- Assign these peaks to the expected product molecule or to common NMR impurities from the bookmark in CC (MUST CITE impurity assignments)
- Impurities may be water, acetone, CHCl3 if using CDCl3, dimethylsulfoxide (DMSO) if using D6DMSO
- Percent yield (actual yield / theoretical yield * 100%)
- Atom Economy (MW desired product / S MW starting materials * 100%)
- Effective Mass Yield (EMY) (mass product / mass hazardous reagents * 100%)
- Must indicate how you define “hazardous”
- E-Factor (mass total waste / mass product)
- For EACH STEP make a conclusion if the reaction was successful
- What evidence supports that you created the desired product?
- Be specific, use ALL of your characterization data
- State if there is any conflicting characterization data
- Was your reaction efficient?
- Use % yield, and Atom Economy
- Was your product pure?
- If the characterization data suggests there is impurities, is it easy to remove solvent, or is there evidence of some side product that may be harder to remove?
– Attached is the experiment file.
The post Synthesis of N-(4-Chlorophenyl)maleimide lab report first appeared on Submit Your Essays.
Synthesis of N-(4-Chlorophenyl)maleimide lab report was first posted on October 13, 2020 at 1:08 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"