• Why is energy acquisition limited? Explain the principle of allocation and the concept of trade-offs. Explain how natural selection shapes trade-offs. What is maximized under selection?
• List the life history traits that make up life history strategies. Why is the “best of all worlds” strategy not realistic?
• Explain the life history trait trade-offs for darters and plants as depicted in Figures 12.3, 12.4, and 12.7.
• Explain the life history trait trade-offsfor lizards and snakes, fish, and magpies as shown in Figures 12.12, 12.13, and slide 11.
• Describe the two different life history strategies of r and K selection. Which traits characterize these two strategies?
• Describe the three life histories specific to plants devised by J.P. Grime. What are the characteristics of species that conform to each strategy?
• How is climate change altering the timing (phenology) of plant and animal life history events?
The post Why is energy acquisition limited? Explain the principle of allocation and the concept of trade-offs. Explain how natural selection shapes first appeared on Nursing Term Paper Help.